Informationen zur Anzeige:
Information and Communication Officer - DG COMM Brussels - COM/2023/2052
02.02.2024, Media planning and buying
Information and Communication Officer – Media planning and buying - COM/2023/2052
in Brüssel (Belgien)
Function Group: Administrator (AD)Job title: Information and Communication Officer – Media planning and buyingSelection reference: COM/2023/2052Where: DG Communication, BrusselsPublication: until 15/01/2024 at 12.00 hours (noon) Brussels time
In your role as Information and Communication Officer, you will be a part of the campaign team in DG COMM.B1.Our campaign team comprises of eight communication professionals who work in a collaborative way. You will report directly to the Head of Unit and work closely with the team members who specialise in strategising, project management, the development of creative assets, content production, monitoring and evaluation, legal advice and financial assistance.In your day to day work, you will:
- check and supervise the work of our media agencies that plan and purchase advertising space;
- assess and greenlight media strategies and plans with the view of optimising net reach and frequency of contacts so that campaign messages are recalled in a cost-efficient manner;
- analyse data to extract insights for our media work;
- draft briefing papers for the external media agencies;
- develop and implement relevant media KPIs;
- support internal Commission service with media benchmark; and,
- ensure the highest possible outreach of our campaigns’ creative assets through out-of-home billboards, broadcast media (radio and TV), news media (print and online), social media and other channels across the territory of the European Union.
We look for
A friendly, curious and versatile colleague who enjoys tackling new challenges. The qualifications for this job include:
- Relevant experience: We expect at least 5 years experience with media planning and buying of multichannel and pan-European campaigns gained in a media agency. You will contribute to the biggest advertising campaigns that the Commission has ever run. Experience with large-scale (above €30 million/year) media planning and buying across countries and media channels is indispensable.
- Team player skills: You will work within a collaborative campaign team and need the ability to work within a group of people to achieve a shared goal in an effective way. Listening skills, openness to everyone's ideas, the willingness to working for the good of the group as a whole, and a strong sense of responsibility are essential.
- Proven project management skills: You will have to be hands-on and independent while being a team player in the management of the project(s).
- Experience and knowledge of financial and administrative procedures (e.g. on financial management, anti-fraud, intellectual property rights, data protection, document management) is an advantage.
A dynamic team right at the heart of the Commission’s external communication efforts. Our unit coordinates major external communication actions across Commission departments, runs the Commission’s flagship campaigns NextGenEU and You Are EU and contributes to tracking and debunking disinformation activities.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should send their application respecting the deadline of the vacancy to the following email address: COMM-B1@ec.europa.eu and indicating the selection reference in the subject. The official job post can be found at the following link (click here).
The application must include:
No applications will be accepted after the deadline for applications.
- Your CV in English
- A motivation letter in English